Structural fires usually include smoke, water and physical damage to the property. Contents are often removed and processed on separate claim. PurAyr™ Technology applies to both of these segments.
Fire starts in top floor apartment in a 3 level, 12 unit complex. Structural damage is contained to unit and section of eaves, next door unit and 4 units below are impacted by smoke and/or water. Two other top floor units are impacted by smoke odor only.
- Pack out and mitigate 6 units on direct impact side.
- Remove all charred material from unit and attic area,
- Remove all blown insulation in attic.
- Clean effected surfaces.
- Secure envelope.
- Apply PurAyr™ treatment to attic for smoke odor removal. Generally, in non-heated areas there will be no need to encapsulate after treatment.
- Apply PurAyr™ treatment to the 6 heavily effected units for smoke odor removal, mold clearance and bio-sanitation. Encapsulation is only required within heated area that have been exposed to high heat and pressure
- Repair damages as required
- PurAyr™ treatment for smoke odor removal of 2 units across hall with or without contents. Generally no other steps will be required